Saturday, August 11, 2007

Farewell - Goodbye - See you later

Saying 'goodbye' yet again. In a few hours I'll be flying across the Pacific back to my nativeland, Canada. This past week was full of goodbye's. I was so touched by the surprize farewell that my colleagues put on for me the other night. They said so many affirming words...how can I not return next year! Why are "farewell's" so important? They give us a chance to reflect on the past few years and say 'goodbye'. One thing I've learned over the years is that saying "goodbye" does not get easier. I don't know what is ahead in this year...there are still lots of uncertainties but I anticipate the unknown because I am not alone. An unseen one goes before me and with me into the future. He has promised to "never leave me or abandon me". What a promise to cling to as I pack my bags AGAIN!!!

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

You got to post a "goodbye" post first! I was just thinking of it. :) Yes, it is great to know that there is One person we need never say goodbye to. Great to know we can still check on how each one is doing through our blogs! Thanks again for the friendship and see you again soon!! :)